Thursday, January 21, 2010

Day 7

I decided to get a locker today so that I can bring a lunch to school and not have to carry it around all day. Well, they tricked me and gave me a locker a good 15 minutes away from my classes. It also didn't help that the locker numbers aren't in order and I did an extra few laps around the building looking for it.

I read one of the the textbooks. Yes... the entire textbook. It had large print and a lot of bright pictures. The most meaty section was the business case. It was for a new band and was to highlight the different between that which we want to sell, and what will sell. The band wanted to play emo music, so they had to decide whether or not this would be beneficial, based on the fact that emo music was only liked by a small market. Case: Should we play emo music?

Case number two: what went wrong? Two partners, Jones and Rose start a soft drink company attempting to revamp soft drinks to make them healthier. They created a comprehensive business plan and stuck to it. Unfortunately, even though they had a large profit margin, and were selling their drinks off the shelves, they lost money. They marketed well and were competing well. Also, Rose was embezzling. What went wrong?
ANY IDEAS, ANYONE?!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment